LRE 10U FALL BALL LEAGUE
Lakes Region Elite is excited to announce the start of a new basketball league taking place this fall. "Fall Ball" will offer 10U players, from all over the Lakes Region the opportunity to fine-tune their skills prior to the start of their school season. This will be a Co-Ed league.
The season will begin in November and run for 4 weeks on Saturday mornings. Each Saturday will consist of a 45 minute "Skills and drills" clinic, followed by a 4-quarter game.
Players must be not turn 11 before June 15, 2020. This is a competitive league...players are expected to be able to shoot comfortably at 10ft hoops, and have basic player skills (dribbling, passing, etc.) and have knowledge on the rules of the game.
Cost: $100.00 per player.
All players will receive a game shirt. Full payment will be due on first scheduled day.
There is no fee to tryout for the league
Due to the limited time/space that we have, there will be limited teams in the league.
There will be an evaluation practice for all players on Friday, November 6th.
Players who make the league will be assigned to team. The teams will be put together with the goal of making them as competitively equal as possible. Any siblings who play in the league will be assigned to the same team. Each team will have a designated coach to help with in-game decisions/playing time.
Friday, Nov 6th, 5:30pm: "Skills and Drills"/Evaluation- all players
Saturday, Nov 7th 9:00am (team 1 and 2)
11am (team 3 and 4)
Saturday, Nov 14th 9:00am (team 1 and 3)
11am (team 2 and 4)
Saturday, Nov 21st 9:00am (Team 2 and 3)
11:00am (TEam 1 and 4)
Saturday, Nov 28th 9:00am (1 and 2)
11:00am (3 and 4)
LRE, in cooperation with The Gilford Youth Center, is committed to providing a safe place for players to enjoy the game of basketball. We follow state guidelines during this pandemic to minimize any risk of spreading the covid virus.
1. All players will be pre-screened before entering the gymnasium.
2. Hand sanitizers will be available before, during and after practices/games
3. We ask that only immediate family attend the games. All who attend the games must:
a. be prescreened
b. wear a mask
c. stay off the court (spectators need to stay on the outer area of the gym)
d. practice social distancing.
4. Any player/spectator with any symptoms related to Covid must not attend any game/practice
5. Any player/spectator who travels outside of New England must follow state quarantine guidelines before returning to the Gilford Youth Center.
6. Players are not required to wear masks (But can if they choose). Players are to refrain from "high fives" or physical contact with other players, outside of in-game contact.